Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) applies to all Lifeway Singapore (“LWS”) services (“Service”) and is in addition to the respective Service Agreement you have with us. Your subscription to the respective Service constitutes your acceptance of this AUP. This AUP may be amended by us from time to time and any such modification or amendment will be posted on our Website ( https://lws.network/aup) and become automatically effective upon you as from the date of posting. It is your responsibility to keep yourself informed of the current AUP.
As a telecommunications services provider, we are subject to regulatory requirements, codes of practice and industry guidelines which protect the community at large by upholding contemporary social standards and protecting the overall national telecommunications infrastructure. At LWS we strive to provide quality service to you and other LWS subscribers, while complying with the applicable laws. You are responsible for ensuring that your use and your end user’s use of our Service, complies with this AUP, even if such use was without your consent.
2. You Are Responsible for the Use of our Service
- Please respect the laws and rights of others. You must not (whether actually or attempted, directly or indirectly) use or allow anyone to use our Service, to:
- engage in any harmful, deceptive, unlawful, illegal or malicious purposes, or to incite, commit or encourage a criminal offence
- (a) send, facilitate the sending of, or propagating unsolicited material (“Spam”) to any person or system in a way that could be expected to adversely impact any network or facilities, propagate or knowingly reply to Spam; or (b) collect responses from Spam (whether or not such Spam is sent using the Service)
- (a) cause risks degradation of service levels to other customers; (b) puts our system at risk
- knowingly transmit or disseminate any information or software, which contains a virus, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses, or other harmful feature(s)
- break, or attempt to break, access, or attempt to access into any accounts or devices of others, or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate software, system, or network of LWS or those of our suppliers
- deliberately receive, use, own, post, transmit or publish communication that is offensive, harmful, abusive, defamatory, obscene, or illegal
- engage in any activity that would be inconsistent with reasonable personal use patterns, causes network congestion or jeopardizes the integrity of our supplier’s network
- relays email through any third-party systems without authority
- against its intended purposes, such as using our residential or consumer services for commercial or business purposes
- resell or supply any Service to any person
- harm the service of another Internet user or impersonate another user
- send any type of electronic message with the intention or result of affecting the performance or functionality of any computer facilities
- act or omit to act in any way which, in LWS’s opinion, is, or is likely to be, detrimental to the provision of the Service to any other LWS customer. This includes, but is not limited to, running any application or program that places excessive bandwidth demands on the service for continued periods
- violate an individual’s right to privacy, including any effort to collect personal data without their express consent
- directly or indirectly act or omit to act, in any way which may infringe, damage, or endanger any intellectual property rights of ours or any third party
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to act against other types of abuse not listed in this AUP and to investigate or prevent illegal or suspicious activities being committed over our network.
- You are responsible for any activities that occurs through your account, including acts of any minors to whom you have allowed to access the Service. It is your responsibility to ensure that any unauthorised persons to not gain access to or misuse our Service.
- You are responsible for the security of your devices and systems that connect to our Service. We nor any of our third-party content providers or contractors, are responsible for the accuracy, reliability, availability and performance of resources accessed through the Internet which, you acknowledge, are beyond our control and are not in any way warranted or supported by us or our third party content providers or contractors.
3. AUP Violation & Enforcement
- We may investigate any suspected violation(s) of this AUP, including obtaining information from you and any examination of materials on our system. We reserve the right to take remedial action if you abuse our Service. We will take remedial action where required by the law, regulators, or law enforcement agencies.
- Subject to the severity of breach to be determined at our sole discretion, we may remove the offending material, restrict, suspend, or terminate your Service. Where reasonably possible, we will attempt to work with you (but not obliged to do so) to remedy the breach and to ensure there is no recurrence in the future.
- We may also report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information or content.
- We will attempt to notify you of your suspension or termination of Service if reasonably possible to do so. However, we will not be liable for any failure to do so
- Nothing contained in this AUP shall be construed to limit out actions or remedies in any manner. We may charge you for costs and expenses associated your violation of the AUP and termination of Service, including without limitation all outstanding and unbilled charges which will immediately due and payable, costs for removing offenders from our Service and administrative costs. We always reserve, all rights and remedies available to us with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
- If you are become aware of any violation of this AUP, you must immediately notify our Customer Service team and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation.